I’m not a prophet but you can put this on your calendar right now:
Every year right at Easter, and just before Christmas the media will post articles and TV shows calling into question any and every doctrine of Christianity. Their methodology is fairly consistent:
- Find a core doctrine to refute (has God really said…?)
- Find a liberal scholar who supports the view they want, and ignore any input from conservative Christian scholasticism.
- Wrap it up in a sensationalist title and market it as a “secret” that the church has been hiding from the masses.
It is a pattern as old as Genesis 3:
- Question (Has God really said…?)
- Denial (You won’t really die!)
- Fluff your pride (You’ll be just like God…)