- FDD33 Pursue a Clear Head
- FDD18 God Saw
- FDD12 Prayer Without Repentance
- FDD06 See The Needs
- Fifty Days of Desperation
- FDD01 Rejoice!
- FDD02: Are You Listening?
- FDD03: The Gift of Desperation
- FDD04: Do What God Requires
- FDD05 Turning Away
- FDD07 Be Dilligent
- FDD08 In His Presence
- FDD09 Waiting For God
- FDD10 Waiting on God – Abraham
- FDD11 Waiting on God – Isaac
- FDD13 Needing to Be Broken
- FDD15 Content in His Presence
- FDD16 A Word of Rescue
- FDD17 Not With Our Wisdom
- FDD19 God Answered
- FDD20 Centered On The Lord
- FDD21 The Theme of Scripture
- FDD22 In the Spirit of The Lord
- FDD27 in His Hands
- FDD29 Those Few Sheep
- FDD31 What To Pray For
- FDD32 Get Back to Church Gatherings
Are you listening? You have to hear the voice of God before being a voice for God.
This morning, set time aside to pray – but start with silence before the Lord first..
Silence is hard. What will you do in your silence? Turn your mind towards Jesus.
“Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations in the earth. He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariots with fire. “Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”” (Psalm 46:8–10, NASB95)
In Psalm 46:8 you are invited to “Come, behold the works of the Lord.” Not for them alone though. Go ahead and venture a peek outside, if it’s sunny and beautiful give thanks for sure, but it is God, not the meadow who deserves your praise.
Several “works” of God are listed in Psalm 46, take time to read through it and pay attention to them as you prayerfully work your way through the Psalm.
Verse 10 is where today’s kick-starter comes from though. Cease striving, stop struggling, quit trying to do everything on your own and just STOP!
Let your mind and heart settle in on the Lord. He is God. Contemplate. Consider. Reflect. Worship.
Speak to us O Lord, for we are desperate for your guidance. Hear our cry, but teach us first to hear from you.
Speak Lord, Your Servants are Listening.