- FDD33 Pursue a Clear Head
- FDD18 God Saw
- FDD12 Prayer Without Repentance
- FDD06 See The Needs
- Fifty Days of Desperation
- FDD01 Rejoice!
- FDD02: Are You Listening?
- FDD03: The Gift of Desperation
- FDD04: Do What God Requires
- FDD05 Turning Away
- FDD07 Be Dilligent
- FDD08 In His Presence
- FDD09 Waiting For God
- FDD10 Waiting on God – Abraham
- FDD11 Waiting on God – Isaac
- FDD13 Needing to Be Broken
- FDD15 Content in His Presence
- FDD16 A Word of Rescue
- FDD17 Not With Our Wisdom
- FDD19 God Answered
- FDD20 Centered On The Lord
- FDD21 The Theme of Scripture
- FDD22 In the Spirit of The Lord
- FDD27 in His Hands
- FDD29 Those Few Sheep
- FDD31 What To Pray For
- FDD32 Get Back to Church Gatherings
Noah and Timothy had something in common. Can you see it?
In Genesis 6 God determined to destroy the earth and all its inhabitants, Noah found Grace. He was given 120 years to build a massive boat capable of surviving the storm. The 1:1 model in Kentucky was enough to convince me of how much work this must have been. Even given 120 years it would require diligence to work out his salvation.
Obedience it seems, is not work to be done with a light hand.
Timothy was commanded to diligence in 2 Tim 2:15
“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15, NASB95)
To what end was he to be diligent? To handle the word properly. To what end that? The salvation of his hearers. The end of verse 19 is that people “abstain from wickedness.” In a word: Repentance.
As we turn and seek after the Lord to find His next plan for Fame Evangelical Church we too must be diligent to repent, and when the plan is revealed diligent to obey. When the Lord begins to speak we do not have the luxury of obeying with a light hand.
Lord we cry out to you with repentance over deeds of disobedience and rebellion, and we seek for your wisdom. Fit us in this for diligent labor to obey your direction, and to humbly yet eagerly walk in obedience.