- FDD33 Pursue a Clear Head
- FDD18 God Saw
- FDD12 Prayer Without Repentance
- FDD06 See The Needs
- Fifty Days of Desperation
- FDD01 Rejoice!
- FDD02: Are You Listening?
- FDD03: The Gift of Desperation
- FDD04: Do What God Requires
- FDD05 Turning Away
- FDD07 Be Dilligent
- FDD08 In His Presence
- FDD09 Waiting For God
- FDD10 Waiting on God – Abraham
- FDD11 Waiting on God – Isaac
- FDD13 Needing to Be Broken
- FDD15 Content in His Presence
- FDD16 A Word of Rescue
- FDD17 Not With Our Wisdom
- FDD19 God Answered
- FDD20 Centered On The Lord
- FDD21 The Theme of Scripture
- FDD22 In the Spirit of The Lord
- FDD27 in His Hands
- FDD29 Those Few Sheep
- FDD31 What To Pray For
- FDD32 Get Back to Church Gatherings
“She was deeply distressed and prayed to the Lord and wept bitterly. And she vowed a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if you will indeed look on the affliction of your servant and remember me and not forget your servant, but will give to your servant a son, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall touch his head.”” (1 Samuel 1:10–11, ESV)
Hannah serves as the example of a woman who gave her child completely into God’s hand. In the midst of her misery she prayed, pouring out her soul before the Lord (1 Samuel 1:15). Indeed in just a short time she had a son (1 Samuel 1:20) and named him Samuel, and when he had grown but only a little she took him to the tabernacle and gave him completely over to God.
“For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. Therefore I have lent him to the Lord. As long as he lives, he is lent to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.” (1 Samuel 1:27–28, ESV)
Will you do that with your soul burden? Will you completely give it to God for every day and every moment? I can see no greater description of urgent prayer than pouring out your soul.
Pour out your soul to God over the things that distress you.
Cry out for your family. Cry out for your church. Cry out in your distress and give to Him whatever comes next.