I’ve written on a similar topic before.
The desiring God blog today gave a great overview of how a crisis pregnancy can save the mother. It’s short so
let me just quote it here before continuing:
“When we help a young, unmarried mother in the midst of a pregnancy crisis save her baby, by God’s grace, the baby can save the mother.
- The baby saves the mother out of a sinful sexual habit that was hollowing out her soul and self-esteem.
- The baby saves her out of the entangling lies and stalking anxiety that attends premarital sex.
- The baby saves her from blood-guilt.
- The baby saves her out of a mechanized Christian walk and into a shaken-down and overflowing experience of biblical mercy.
- The baby saves her out of a shallow, undirected faith and drives her to trust God for the forgiveness of her sins and for her daily bread.
And all this can be true for young fathers, too. When pregnancy is a crisis, it is a crisis of faith. When we are there to encourage faith by honoring life, it is amazing how often it turns out that Christ is formed in them.”
—Saving the Baby Can Save the Mother :: Desiring God
It’s a great rundown on the power of grace. Let us never forget that we’ve all made dreadful choices. And not everyone has the good sense to repent. But when sin meets grace, grace is always the victor.