From “Share Jesus Without fear” William Faye and Linda Shepherd.
- Do you have any Spiritual Beliefs?
- What (or who) do you think Jesus is?
- Do you believe in heaven or hell?
- If you die now where are you going?
- If you were wrong about what you believe, would you want to know?
That is an excellent series of questions, but the amazing part happens at number five. If they
answer “no” just pray silently an let them go. If they answer “yes”, start sharing – because they’ve just invited you in.
Couple this with a short series of Scriptures which every believer in Christ MUST have in their memory. (Come on you can too memorize scripture!) Just open a bible (carry a small New Testament with you). Have them read each verse and then ask them, “What does that mean to you?” Respond appropriately.
- Romans 3:23 (everyone sins)
- Romans 6:23 (everyone dies spiritually)
- John 3:3 (everyone must be born again)
- John 14:6 (everyone must come through Jesus)
- Rev 3:20 (everyone must come to Jesus)
Finally ask them, are you willing to accept Jesus? If they say yes, guide them into repentance from sin and submission to Christ. If they say “No” just ask them why.