One of the more frequent
complaints observations concerning Logos 4 is that some features which were in Logos 3 are not (yet) in L4.
So what’s missing and when can you expect it to show up? For starters you can look at the official What’s missing page.
Or I could just repeat the information right here:
Coming Very Soon
- Notes importing
- Visual markup (now called Highlighting) importing
- Illustrations section in Passage Guide
First Quarter 2010
- Verse lists
- Word lists
- Prayer lists
- Self-tests for courseware
- Better printing support
- Full-view reverse interlinears
Second Quarter 2010
- Personal Book Builder (Improved to use the native book format!)
- Sentence diagrammer
- Sermon File
- Video resources
- Improved external web linking
- Vocabulary lists
- Search analysis
there were some other items discussed during the beta and which keep coming up in the forums.
- Reading view improvements:
Our plan is to keep improving the “Reading View”, and to have it support multiple columns and paging.
— Book Reading – Logos Bible Software Forums
- Hyperlinking to reports (from outside the program) (No time frame mentioned.)
- Parallel resource associations are going to come back better than ever.
- Guides: Section Expand/Collapse. It’s just been mentioned in the forums that this will make a come back!
What won’t be making it back into L4?
- Third party home pages are out.
- Graphical Query Editor (superceded by better search and syntax searching)
- Remote Library Search (because you can do it on the web now)
Now then, what have I missed that you’re still missing? Sound off in the comments.