As mentioned here: Sermon File Add in Schema for L4? and here: Will OpenOffice to Libronix filter work in Japanese?. I’ve been working on an export filter for OpenOffice.org (OOo) which will save your sermon’s into the Ready-to-Compile Sermon File format.
I’m glad to report that I have finally released a beta filter. Right now it does the following:
- Generates Sermon Files, does not tag illustrations as such.
- Defaults to NOT publishing the sermon file online. (you can change this in the code quite simply if you want).
- Uses the “title” from the properties dialog in OOo to create the internal title for the Libronix Sermon File (LBXSFL)
- Uses a comma delimited string of keywords from the OOo properties dialog to fill in the topics for the LBXSFL
- It uses the Create Date of the document to generate the first date for where you preached it.
- It will copy over file comments from the OOo properties dialog into the notes section.
- Properly imports headings, bold, italics, tables, ordered and unordered lists, including nested lists!
- Imports hyperlinks!
- Appears to work across languages (including Greek and Hebrew)
It does not:
- Fill in the bible references, sorry – at this point the parsing and translating is far too complex for my little brain. But if someone wants to volunteer a bit of XSLT knowledge and Logos Bible reference pointers knowledge to fix this, I’ll give you developer access!
- While it does fill in the topics, it will not fill in the “tags” (e.g. morning service)
- Does not (yet) import blockquotes (coming soon).
This is released under GPL so it is freely edible and transferable.
I am hoping to do something similar with the as yet pending Sermon File addin in Logos 4.
Feel free to read about it, test it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libronixtools/
Please keep bug reports and feature requests constrained to the sourceforge bug tracker linked under Support .